We spend a large chunk of time doing research here at Magnus, and as a result, we’ve come across resources that are particularly informative. We thought they might be useful to you as well, so we’re going to pass them along. If we’ve left any of your favorites off the list, please share the wealth by leaving us a note in the comment section.
- The Office of Non-public education (federal)
- U.S. Department of Education
- Joint Guidance on the Application of FERPA & HIPAA to Student Health Records
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services – Summary of the HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Food Allergy Research and Education
- National Association of School Nurses tools & resources
- National School Boards Association
- Council for American Private Education
- School Nurse News Magazine
- The Mesothelioma Group guide to Understanding Cancer
- American Childhood Cancer Society
- Healthy Schools Campaign: School Nurse Leadership
- National Eating Disorders Association
- Joslin Diabetes Center: Resources for School Nurses
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- New York Statewide School Health Services Center
- Real Talk with Dr. Offutt: Teen Health
Magnus Research Papers and eBooks:
Don’t forget to read our research papers and eBooks covering topics and considerations for schools. From subpoenas for student records, disaster recovery, emergency preparedness, and food allergies, to HIPAA and FERPA, communicating health information, and storage of sensitive data, we strive to cover the topics important to you.
LET US KNOW...
Do you have any go-to sites? With the Internet, all the information we could ever desire is theoretically at our fingertips – BUT valid information can be somewhat like finding a needle in a haystack. We believe that a well-informed community is a better community, so please let us know about your knowledge and resources!